What We Accept
We are happy to accept the following provided the specific item is in re-sale condition (see Re-Sale Condition Required):
Paperback, hardback and spiral-bound books;
- Maps; and
Puzzles and games
Re-Sale Condition Required
Books with missing pages, broken spines or significant highlighting.
CDs, DVDs and other items that don't function properly.
Puzzles and games that have any pieces missing.
Items that are soiled, stained, water-damaged, bad-smelling, or falling apart.
Items otherwise not in re-sale condition.
What We Do Not Accept
We do not accept (regardless of condition):
- Outdated computer, business and travel books (older than 5 years).
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books.
- Magazines and newspapers.
- Vinyl records (LPs, 45s, 78s).
- VHS and cassette tapes.
- Computers and other electronics.
Where To Drop Off Items
Please note the following important information:
You cannot back up a vehicle to the back door.
Items dropped off anywhere else will not be found or handled by us.
The drop-off area is public and open-air. For this reason, neither the Library nor we can be responsible for the security of donated items. If you are concerned about this, please contact us to arrange a time to bring your item during the Library's open hours.
We reserve pick-ups for situations where there is a substantial number of items to donate or the donor is unable to get the items delivered to us.
We have very limited capacity to make pick-ups so we cannot undertake to grant a request nor to meet an urgent deadline.
- The travel distance included is necessarily a factor in our ability to grant a pick-up request.
We ask that you make sure the items are ones we accept before requesting a pick-up. If they are not, please consider alternative donees or recycling. Please see the information above as to what we do and don't accept.
- For donors dropping off donations, tax receipts are available on the outside wall at the drop-off area.
- For donors whose donations are picked up, tax receipts are available from our pick-up volunteer.
Please note: neither the Library nor we provide any advice as to the value of a donated item. That is the responsibility of the donor to determine.